What is required in a complete sentence?
A complete sentence has three components: a subject (the actor in the sentence) a predicate (the verb or action), and. a complete thought (it can stand alone and make sense—it’s independent).
Is I am a complete sentence?
“Am” is the present tense of the verb “to be”. In the sentence “I am.”, the verb “am” is serving as an active verb, in the transitive, which means it links directly to the subject. In this context am is synonymous with “exist”, and so the sentence is complete.२०१८ जुन ३०
What is a commentary sentence example?
Examples of commentary in a Sentence The book is a commentary on her experiences abroad. I like listening to his social commentaries. He provided commentary during the game. The major television stations provided running commentaries on the election results.
What is a correct sentence structure?
A sentence follows Subject + Verb + Object word order. He (subject) obtained (verb) his degree (object).
Why is I am a complete sentence?
The sentence I am. certainly has a subject (I) and a predicate (am), and it expresses a complete thought, as well. In this case, the subject of the sentence (and yes, it’s a complete sentence) is an understood you (either singular or plural, depending on the situation).
What is the most confusing sentence?
Confusing Sentences That Actually Make Sense
- 1 All the faith he had had had had no effect on the outcome of his life.
- 2 One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas.
- 3 The complex houses married and single soldiers and their families.
- 4 The man the professor the student has studies Rome.
- 5 Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.
What defines a complete sentence?
A complete sentence has to have a subject and a verb, and the verb has to be a “finite”: A sentence with its main verb in an ‘-ing’ form will not be a complete sentence. *Marge swimming. A sentence with its main verb in an infinitive form (“to” + verb) will not be a complete sentence.
How do you use the word social in a sentence?
- Kindness is the sunshine of social life.
- He climbed the social ladder.
- Proust’s work reflected his own social and cultural milieu.
- The ant is a social insect.
- He firmly believes liberty is inseparable from social justice.
- Education was the key to upward social mobility.
Is thank you a full sentence?
‘Thank You’ is a Complete Sentence.२०१७ फेब्रुअरी २८
What are the kinds of sentence?
What Are the Four Types of Sentences?
- Declarative sentence.
- Imperative sentence.
- Interrogative sentence.
- Exclamatory sentence.
Is no a complete sentence in English?
Technically, “No.” is not a complete sentence. A complete sentence must express a complete thought. “No” is understood as a complete thought, because it is usually used in response to a question, but it really isn’t one. There is no subject or predicate, forget whether they are implied or not.
What is an example of social commentary?
Social commentary is the act of using rhetorical means to provide commentary on issues in a society. Two examples of strong and bitter social commentary are the writings of Jonathan Swift and Martin Luther.
What is the shortest sentence ever?
“Go!” Is The Shortest Grammatically Correct Sentence In English (+29 Fun Facts)
- According to the Global Language Monitor, the estimated number of words in the English language is 1,025,109.
- “I am” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.