What are conjunctions with examples?
Conjunction is a word that joins words, phrases, clauses or sentence. e.g. but, and, yet, or, because, nor, although, since, unless, while, where etc. Examples: She bought a shirt and a book.
What words can start a sentence?
Some 10 to 30 percent of the sentences will begin with adverbial phrases. And 10 to 20 percent will begin with conjunctions—either subordinating (If, Because, Although, etc.) or, more commonly, coordinating (But, Yet, And, So, etc.).
What words can replace Because?
Synonyms of because
- as long as,
- being (as or as how or that)
- [chiefly dialect],
- inasmuch as,
How can I start a sentence with instead of because?
11 Substitutes for because and because of
- As and since. These conjunctions are used when the reason is already known to the reader or when it is not the most important part of the sentence.
- As a result of. As a result of is a substitute for ‘because of’.
- As long as. As long as can mean ‘since’ or ‘because’.
- Due to.
- Inasmuch as.
- In view of the fact that.
- Now that.
What is a good sentence for because?
[T] We can’t trust him because he often tells lies. [T] I can’t go out because I have a lot of homework. [T] Just because he’s rich, doesn’t mean he’s happy. [T] She was absent from school because she was sick.
How do you write grammatically correct in English?
5 Simple Tips To Write With Proper English Grammar
- Commit To Learning. Don’t keep putting your learning off until later.
- Read More. And by reading, we mean books, newspapers, magazine articles, and other long-form, well-written pieces.
- Write As Much As Possible.
- Have Your Work Corrected.
- Understand The Reason For Corrections.
What are the conjunctions words?
A conjunction is a word that is used to connect words, phrases, and clauses. There are many conjunctions in the English language, but some common ones include and, or, but, because, for, if, and when. There are three basic types of conjunctions: coordinating, subordinating, and correlative.
Can you begin a sentence with because?
Yes, you can absolutely start a sentence with “because.”
What are the 7 fanboys words?
The fanboys consist of seven words: for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so. Using these seven words in a sentence can connect independent clauses that could each be a sentence on its own. With fanboys, the writer can show readers how the ideas in the two clauses relate to one another.