How do I sum unique values in Excel with multiple criteria?
Count unique values with criteria
- Generic formula. =SUM(–(LEN(UNIQUE(FILTER(range,criteria,””)))>0))
- To count unique values with one or more conditions, you can use a formula based on UNIQUE, LEN, and FILTER.
- In this example, the goal is to count unique values that meet one or more specific conditions.
How do I sum and exclude duplicates in Excel?
Count Unique Values Excluding All Duplicates by Formula in Excel. Step 1: In E2 which is saved the total product type number, enter the formula “=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(MATCH(B1:B11,B1:B11,0),ROW(B1:B11)-ROW(B1)+1)=1,1))”, B1:B11 is the range you want to count the unique values. Step2: Click Enter and get the result in E2.
How do you count unique values?
Count the number of unique values by using a filter
- Select the range of cells, or make sure the active cell is in a table.
- On the Data tab, in the Sort & Filter group, click Advanced.
- Click Copy to another location.
- In the Copy to box, enter a cell reference.
- Select the Unique records only check box, and click OK.
How do you sum only unique values?
Sum only unique values in Excel with formulas
- Type this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIF(A2:A15,A2:A15&””),A2:A15) into a blank cell, see screenshot:
- Then press Enter key, and the numbers which appear only one time have been added up.
- Click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells, see screenshot:
Can Excel Count unique values?
You can use the combination of the SUM and COUNTIF functions to count unique values in Excel. The syntax for this combined formula is = SUM(IF(1/COUNTIF(data, data)=1,1,0)). Here the COUNTIF formula counts the number of times each value in the range appears.
What does REF mean in Excel?
The #REF! error shows when a formula refers to a cell that’s not valid . This happens most often when cells that were referenced by formulas get deleted, or pasted over.
How do I extract unique values in Excel?
Unique values with criteria
- Generic formula. =UNIQUE(FILTER(rng1,rng2=A1))
- To extract a list of unique values from a set of data, while applying one or more logical criteria, you can use the UNIQUE function together with the FILTER function.
- This example uses the UNIQUE function together with the FILTER function.
How do I count special characters in Excel?
To use the function, enter =LEN(cell) in the formula bar and press Enter. In these examples, cell is the cell you want to count, such as B1. To count the characters in more than one cell, enter the formula, and then copy and paste the formula to other cells.
How do I get unique values between two columns?
The fastest and easiest way to highlight unique values in Excel is to apply the inbuilt conditional formatting rule:
- Select the column of data where you want to highlight unique values.
- On the Home tab, in the Styles group, click Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules >Duplicate Values…
What is the formula for finding unique values in Excel?
– array – Range or array from which to extract unique values. – by_col – [optional] How to compare and extract. By row = FALSE (default); by column = TRUE. – exactly_once – [optional] TRUE = values that occur once, FALSE= all unique values (default).
How do you find unique values in Excel?
Select the range of cells,or make sure the active cell is in a table.
How to sum unique values based on criteria in Excel?
Select any cell in your data set
How to extract unique values from list in Excel?
– Go to Data tab in the menu – In Sort and Filter box, Click Advanced button – Choose “Copy to another location” – In “List range :” box, select a range from which unique values need to be extracted (including header) – In “Copy to :” box, select a range in which final output to be put – Check Unique records only – Click Ok