Did a mistake or made a mistake?
The correct light verb for mistake is make, and your phrase made a few mistakes is perfectly fine. In contrast, do is the wrong light verb, so your phrase *did a few mistakes is ungrammatical. For more information about light verbs, see Huddleston & Pullum’s Cambridge Grammar of the English Language (2002), p. 290.
Which app is best for sentence correction?
Grammar Checker and Corrector Apps for Android to Write Correctly
- Ginger Keyboard Emoji Keyboard.
- Grammar Checker, Check Spell & Sentence Correction.
- English Grammar Test.
- Grammar Checker – Check Grammatical Mistakes.
Which is a correct sentence?
In order for a sentence to be grammatically correct, the subject and verb must both be singular or plural. In other words, the subject and verb must agree with one another in their tense.
Is wrongly correct grammar?
Wrongly is an adverb, but that doesn’t mean wrong can’t be one too. Wrongly is an adverb, and the word comes up a lot in news stories: people are wrongly arrested, wrongly jailed, wrongly convicted, and wrongly released. Some people believe that since we already have the adverb wrongly, it must be the only choice.
What are the most common grammar mistakes?
10 Common Grammar Mistakes Writers Should Avoid
- 1 Overuse of adverbs.
- 2 Too many prepositional phrases.
- 3 Ambiguous (“Squinting”) modifiers.
- 4 Misuse of lie/lay.
- 5 Ambiguous pronoun references.
- 6 Comma splices.
- 7 Run-on sentences.
- 8 Wordiness (inflated sentences)
Are you as grammatically correct?
If they say ‘you are [adjective/noun/whatever]’ then yes it is correct. So: You are really kind! As are you! 🙂 But if somebody say something like ‘I really like you’, it wouldn’t work, because ‘as are you’ basically means ‘you are as well/too’.
How do I make my paragraph better?
5 Tips for Structuring and Writing Better Paragraphs
- Make the first sentence of your topic sentence.
- Provide support via the middle sentences.
- Make your last sentence a conclusion or transition.
- Know when to start a new paragraph.
- Use transition words.