Can I use bout instead of about?
As prepositions the difference between about and bout is that about is in a circle around; all round; on every side of; on the outside of while bout is (colloquial) about.
What does Bout mean in text?
What is conjunction with example?
Conjunction is a word that joins words, phrases, clauses or sentence. e.g. but, and, yet, or, because, nor, although, since, unless, while, where etc. Examples: She bought a shirt and a book. You can write your paper with a pen or a pencil.
What is a bout?
: a spell or period of activity: such as. a : an athletic match (as of boxing) lost his bout with the champion. b : outbreak, attack a bout of pneumonia frequent bouts of depression survived her bout with cancer. c : session a drinking bout a bout of unemployment.
What is a bout of exercise?
noun. 1A short period of intense activity of a specified kind. ‘occasional bouts of strenuous exercise’
How do you use bout?
Bout sentence example
- To her horror, she started a fresh bout of crying.
- Whenever she seemed to be getting herself under control, a fresh bout of sobs would begin.
- “This should be good,” Carmen remarked in a dry tone that sent another bout of laughter around the room.
How do you use context clues in a sentence?
Using Context Clues
- Circle the word or phrase you don’t understand.
- Underline key phrases and ideas in the sentence. Look for words that give synonyms, antonyms, examples, etc.
- Give the main idea of the paragraph the new word is in.
- Say the sentence in your own words.
- Guess at what the new word means.
What is a simile example?
A simile is a figure of speech that compares two different things in an interesting way. An example of a simile is: She is as innocent as an angel. An example of a metaphor is: She is an angel.
How idioms are used in sentences?
They are words or phrases that aren’t meant to be taken literally. For example, if you say someone has “cold feet,” it doesn’t mean their toes are actually cold. Rather, it means they’re nervous about something. Idioms can’t be deduced merely by studying the words in the phrase.
What are preposition examples?
A preposition is a word or group of words used before a noun, pronoun, or noun phrase to show direction, time, place, location, spatial relationships, or to introduce an object. Some examples of prepositions are words like “in,” “at,” “on,” “of,” and “to.”
How use about in a sentence?
About sentence example
- Do you want to tell me about it?
- I didn’t ask about his family tree.
- I love thinking about the future.
- “What shall we write about ?” they asked.
- In fact, everything about him was masculine.
- We know not much about them.
- Don’t worry about it.