Who is in charge of DCF in CT?

Who is in charge of DCF in CT?

Vanessa Dorantes
Connecticut Department of Children and Families

Agency overview
Jurisdiction Government of Connecticut
Headquarters 505 Hudson Street Hartford, CT 06106
Agency executive Vanessa Dorantes, Commissioner
Website portal.ct.gov/dcf

How do I find out how much child support I owe in CT?

Who can I call to check? If you have questions regarding whether you owe a child support debt that has been referred to Treasury Offset Program (TOP), you can call the TOP Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system at 800-304-3107.

How do I pay my child support online in CT?

The State Disbursement Unit (SDU) child support payment information is available on the internet at https://ct.smartchildsupport.com or by calling 1-888-233-7223.

Who is commissioner of DSS in CT?

Deidre S. Gifford
Dr. Deidre S. Gifford serves the State of Connecticut as Commissioner of the Department of Social Services and Senior Advisor to the Governor for Health and Human Services.

What is DCF in CT?

DCF Overview Whether children are abused and/or neglected, are involved in the juvenile justice system, or have emotional, mental health or substance abuse issues, the Department can respond to these children in a way that draws upon community and state resources to help.

What happens if you don’t pay child support in CT?

Garnish wages and other benefits the non-paying may receive such as Social Security, unemployment or worker’s compensation. Intercepting federal and state tax returns. Filing a Motion for Contempt in court to hold the delinquent parent accountable. Putting liens on personal injury settlements or lottery winnings.

How do I pay child support in CT?

Connecticut law requires that all child support payments be disbursed to child support recipients by electronic means; either by Direct Deposit into a bank account, or by use of a Debit Card.

Is child support mandatory in CT?

In Connecticut, both parents, whether married or not, are obligated to support their children.