What should I serve with Indian dinner?
Indian Dinner Menu
- Appetizer. Chicken Tikka Kebab. Khaman. Mint Cilantro Chutney.
- Drinks: Shikanji Nimbu Pani.
- Main course: Rajma. Palak Paneer. Chicken Tikka Masala.
- Rice dish: Jeera Rice.
- Bread: Naan.
- Raita: Boondi raita.
- Dessert: Kheer and/or Gulab Jamun.
How do you make a good table setting?
Place the dinner plate in the center of the table setting. The fork is placed to the left of the plate. Place the knife to the right of the dinner plate and then set the spoon to the right of the knife. Set the water glass in the top right corner, above the knife.
What is the most delicious Indian dish?
The Most Popular Indian Dishes
- Samosa. This delicious option is a food that even those new to Indian cooking may have tried.
- Dal Soup. If you are a fan of soups, especially vegetarian ones, then you must try a bowl of dal.
- Tandoori Chicken.
- Tandoori Fish.
What is the best South Indian dinner menu?
Here are 13 South Indian Dinner Recipes You Must Try:
- Malabar Fish Biryani. This classic Malabar Fish Biryani is a dinnertime treat.
- Bendakaya Pulusu.
- Korri Gassi.
- Avial with Kerala Red Rice.
- Gongura Mamsam.
- Mangalorean Prawn Curry.
- Kerala Mutton Stew.
How do you set up an Indian dinner table?
Set the dinner plate below a smaller salad plate, and place a small saucer or plate at the top left of each setting for traditional East Indian fried pastries or chutneys and sauces. Provide small finger bowls and napkins as well.
What is on a typical Indian dinner table?
In general, an Indian table will include a variety of different dishes including dahl, vegetable curries (torkari), bread (naan), basmati rice and perhaps a plate of fish or lamb if guests are not vegetarian.
How do you serve an East Indian dinner?
An East Indian dinner is no exception. Use its exotic culture as your inspiration to set out the meal in an authentic manner, and transform supper into an event. Because meals were usually eaten while sitting on cushions on the floor or on low stools, set this meal at a coffee table or other low table surface.
How do you set up a table for a party?
As you set the table, keep in mind that your guests will likely want to try a little of each dish and may have different preferences for the spice level of their food. Wipe the table clean of any crumbs and grime. Set a plate at each seat and a small bowl to the right.