What is the Court of Two Sisters?

What is the Court of Two Sisters?

The Court of Two Sisters on Royal Street is legendary for elegance and charm. The open-air courtyard and decadent restaurant is known worldwide for a live Jazz Brunch and romantic Creole dinners. Many assume the ghosts who haunt the property are the two sisters who once ran a shop here more than a hundred years ago.

Who are the 2 sisters in New Orleans?

The Court of Two Sisters’ location at 613 Royal Street once housed a governor of colonial Louisiana, later becoming the home of Bertha and Emma Camors, the two sisters after whom the Fein Family’s landmark restaurant is named.

How old is Brennan’s restaurant in New Orleans?

History. Brennan’s was founded in 1946 by Owen Brennan, an Irish-American restaurateur and New Orleans native. It was originally called the Vieux Carré restaurant and was located on Bourbon Street across from the Old Absinthe House until 1956 when it moved to its current location.

Who invented Bananas Foster?

Ralph Brennan
Bananas Foster was invented at Brennan’s Restaurant. “It was a huge product for the port,” explains Ralph Brennan, owner of Brennan’s, Bourbon Street’s legendary restaurant. The dessert — bananas, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, rum, banana liqueur and vanilla ice cream — was invented there in 1951.

Where is Court of two sisters?

If elegance has an address it’s 613 Royal Street. Court of Two Sisters has charmed and delighted guests at weddings and other social gatherings for more than half a century. This is where both memories and history are made. New Yr’s Eve and Day are sold out.

What was the value of the Court of two sisters?

Between 1925 and 1934, the sale value of the Court of Two Sisters declined from $39,000 to $14,000. There are no specific records, but the sisters’ once elegant notions shop is said to have been, at various times, a small bistro, a refreshment stand, and briefly, a speakeasy.

How long has the Fein family been at the Court of two sisters?

In 2013, the Fein Family celebrated 50 years at The Court of Two Sisters and looks forward to many more years. The charm gates at the 613 Royal entrance were wrought in Spain especially for The Court of Two Sisters.

What happened to the Sisters at 613 Royal Avenue?

United in death as in life, the sisters lie side by side at St. Louis Cemetery #3 on Esplanade Avenue. The Fein family who currently operates the restaurant had the sisters’ tomb restored in 1990. During the next three decades, the property at 613 Royal passed through seven ownerships.