What is the best movie score of all time?
AFI’s 100 Years of Film Scores
|1||Star Wars||John Williams|
|2||Gone with the Wind||Max Steiner|
|3||Lawrence of Arabia||Maurice Jarre|
What movie has the best music score?
Definitively the greatest film scores of the 21st century so far
- Requiem for a Dream – Clint Mansell (2000)
- Gladiator – Hans Zimmer (2000)
- Harry Potter – John Williams, Patrick Doyle, Nicholas Hooper, Alexandre Desplat (2001-2011)
- Lord of the Rings – Howard Shore (2001-2003)
- The Hours – Philip Glass (2002)
What is the score for a movie?
A film score is original music written specifically to accompany a film.
Who is the greatest film composer?
The 10 Best Film Music Composers Of All-Time, Ranked
- 1 John Williams. John Williams is the man behind the music to Jaws, Star Wars, Superman, and several of the most popular movies ever made.
- 2 Henry Mancini.
- 3 Max Steiner.
- 4 Ennio Morricone.
- 5 Bernard Herrmann.
- 6 John Barry.
- 7 Hans Zimmer.
- 8 Jerry Goldsmith.
What is the most recognizable movie theme?
The 8 most iconic movie theme songs of all time
- My Heart Will Go On, Titanic, 1997.
- Theme song from Mission: Impossible, 1996.
- (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life, Dirty Dancing, 1987.
- He’s a Pirate, Pirates of the Caribbean, 2003.
- Main Title, Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope, 1977.
- Theme song from Jaws, 1975.
Who was the most famous film scoring composer to live?
Max Steiner (1888-1971) our top film composer of all time is Max Steiner. The Vienna-born composer Max Steiner almost single-handedly created the art of film music with groundbreaking Hollywood scores in the early 1930s.
Who wrote the score for Braveheart?
James HornerBraveheart / Music composed by
James Horner created blockbuster scores for such box office blockbusters as Titanic, Braveheart and Avatar. Here’s our choice of his ten best soundtracks.
Why is it called film score?
score, notation, in manuscript or printed form, of a musical work, probably so called from the vertical scoring lines that connect successive related staves. A score may contain the single part for a solo work or the many parts that make up an orchestral or ensemble composition.