What is the best GPS app for hunting?
The 9 Best Hunting Apps and Online Mapping Tools
- TerraStride Inc. / HuntStand. Overall Score: 84.
- onXmaps / HUNT. Overall Score: 78.
- Hunt HUNTLOGIX, LLC / ScoutLook. Overall Score: 76.
- Quiver App Co. / Quiver. Overall Score: 75.
- Powderhook Inc. / Powderhook. Overall Score: 67.
- Antler Insanity. Overall Score: 64.
What is the best hunting GPS app for iPhone?
onX Hunt is the #1-rated hunting app for the iPhone and iPad. Created by hunter Eric Siegfried in 2007, onX Hunt has helped thousands of hunters across the country navigate challenging landscapes with 985 million acres of public land, 9,568 unique hunting units and 421 map overlays and counting.
How do I update my GPS maps for hunting?
Update your Hunt Chip
- Use your computer to login to your account or purchase a Premium or Elite Membership.
- In your account, select “Chip Update” to download the update wizard.
- Plug your Garmin or micro SD card into your computer and let the wizard do the rest.
- Go Hunting. Premium.
Can I use my phone as a hunting GPS?
It works from your iOS or Android mobile device, whether you have a data signal or not, so no matter if you’re hunting your backyard or the Back Forty, you’re always in the game. The onX Hunt App is a simple download to your mobile device via iTunes or GooglePlay.
Is LandGlide app free?
LandGlide is the most comprehensive parcel data mobile app. Try LandGlide free for seven days! At the end of your free trial, you can choose to subscribe monthly for $9.99 or yearly for $99.99.
How do I download onX maps to SD card?
Slide the onX Hunt Chip into the slot in the SD adapter. Make sure the brass contacts on the SD adapter and the onX Hunt Chip are facing the same direction. Move the slider on the SD adapter to the “unlock” position. Insert the SD adapter with the chip inside into the SD slot on your computer.
How do I view an Onxmap on my computer?
Accessing onX Hunt on your computer is easy:
- Visit onxmaps.com on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Click “Login” in the upper-right corner.
- Select “Hunt Map”
- Enter the credentials you used for setting up your account, whether it was through the onX website or through the onX Hunt App.
- Start e-scouting and exploring your maps.
How do I download onX maps to my GPS?
To install the onX Hunt Chip in most Garmin GPS units: Remove the battery cover and batteries, and lift up the metal flap. Slide the onX Hunt Chip into the SD chip tray. The notches on the chip line up with the notches in the tray. Close the metal cover and slide it down to lock it in place.
Can you use Google Maps for hunting?
58 second suggested clip3:529:44How to Use Google Maps for scouting and hunting – YouTubeYouTube
What GPS has the best maps?
– Its free “world” map coverage is the most comprehensive of any GPS device. (Most others charge extra for maps outside North America.) – Has Bluetooth connectivity, Wi-Fi updating, a slick powered magnetic mount and a multi-touch display. – Has real-time traffic info via the TomTom smartphone app.
What is the best GPS for hunting and fishing?
GPS Watches: Garmin Instinct Solar-Surf Edition. This is the perfect hunting and fishing companion. Weather info, wave and tide charts, moon and sun data and with health checks like heart rate and energy monitors. Access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
How to install free maps on GPS?
Get your maps from here: http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl
What is the best GPS unit for hunting?
Garmin inReach Explorer+,Handheld Satellite Communicator with TOPO Maps and GPS Navigation