What is subdomain redirection?
Why Redirect Subdomain Redirect Subdomain’s web pages if it has moved to a new Subdomain location. For example, you can redirect sell.mydomain.com to shop.mydomain.com. Allows you to organise your existing website into a separate site. Making it easier for visitors to remember and accessing these site pages.
How do I point a subdomain into a folder?
If not, you can then follow these steps:
- Log in to your domain name registrar and point the DNS record of shop.domain.com to the IP address of your server.
- Log in your web hosting account and go to the Subdomains, you can find that app in the Domains section of your control panel.
How do I use sub domain in cPanel?
Set Up: Creating a subdomain in cPanel
- Click on Subdomains under Domain in cPanel.
- Under Create a Subdomain, enter the name of the subdomain you want to create in the Subdomain text box.
- cPanel automatically fills in the document root path by using the subdomain name you’ve entered.
- When ready, click Create.
How do I setup a subdomain redirect?
Set Up: Redirecting a subdomain in cPanel
- Click Subdomains under Domains in cPanel.
- Under Modify a Subdomain, locate the subdomain you want to redirect. Click Manage Redirection.
- In the Subdomain Redirection text box, enter the redirection destination address.
- When ready, click Save.
What is redirection in cPanel?
Advertisements. The redirect interface allows you to send all the visitors or traffic of a Domain or a particular webpage to a new domain. For example, if you moved your website to a new domain and you want to redirect all your visitors to new website, you need to setup redirect.
How do I redirect a sub-domain to the main domain?
How do I subdomain a subdirectory?
Sometimes, you may need to move a specific subfolder/subdirectory on your website to a separate subdomain….using dashboards & charts, to ensure everything is working well.
- Open .htaccess file.
- Redirect Subfolder to Subdomain.
- Restart Apache Server.
How do I create a subdomain in Linux?
- Step 1: Create an ‘A’ record for the subdomain. Go to your DNS settings page and open the records where you have main domain DNS settings.
- Step 2: Create subdomain directory and index file.
- Step 3: Create NGINX server block for the subdomain.
- Step 4: Add SSL certificate for security.
- Step 5: Access to the subdomain.
How do I use sub domain?
This is when, rather than adding to the “front” end of your website’s address like with a subdomain, you add to the “back” end of your website’s address, that is, to the right of your domain name (and after a slash). So, for example, you might use example.com/foo instead of foo.example.com.