What is admin password for Hub Manager?
The admin password is on the Hub settings card on the back of the Hub. The admin password is the Hub settings card on the back of the Hub, or on the label on the base.
How do I access my BT Home Hub settings?
How to open the Hub Manager
- Open a new web browser.
- Type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar.
- This will open the Hub Manager.
- If you want to make any changes to the hub settings, you’ll need the admin password. You’ll find it on the back of the Hub if you haven’t updated it.
Why can’t I access my BT Hub Manager?
If you don’t see the BT Hub Manager screen when you type 192.168. 1.254 into your browser address bar: Check that you’re using a device that is connected to your BT broadband network. Try connecting your device to the router with an ethernet cable instead of using wireless.
Where can I find my BT broadband username and password?
Your network login details are the username and password sent to you by email and letter after you ordered BT Business Broadband.
- Log into My BT Business account.
- Select Manage services tab.
- Select Router settings under Your account settings.
- The Router settings page will display your network login details.
How do you I access my router settings?
In Android, settings menus vary from phone to phone, but once you find the Wi-Fi settings:
- Make sure your phone is connected to your router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the network name.
- Look for a ‘gateway’, ‘router’ or other entry in the list.
Can I change my BT WIFI password?
You can change the wi-fi password via the My BT app. Begin by opening the My BT app and select Home Network. Next, select Settings, then select Network settings. Now select Change Wi-Fi password and enter the current Wi-Fi password.