What do you eat pimento cheese with?
Traditionally it’s eaten as a spread on crackers or bread, but these recipes take it to a whole new level.
- Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Sandwich.
- Pimento Cheese Breakfast Bake.
- Green Tomato, Pimento Cheese, and Bacon (Tortilla) Pizza.
- BBQ Glazed Pork Tenderloin over Pimento Cheese Grits.
What can I add to store bought pimento cheese?
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Mix together and try and not eat it in one setting. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and put a cooling rack on top. Lay bacon on the rack and sprinkle it with brown sugar and a lot of freshly cracked black pepper.
What is the difference between pimento cheese and Palmetto Cheese?
If you enjoy pimento cheese, and you think you’ve had the best, we invite you to try our version of pimento cheese…we call it Palmetto Cheese™. Palmetto Cheese™ has real Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese, it is real southern, and it is really good.
What are the ingredients in pimento cheese spread?
Pimento Cheese Ingredients. In its most essential form, pimento cheese is made with cheddar cheese, pimento peppers and mayonnaise. Freshly made, homemade pimento cheese tastes far superior to store-bought options. By making it yourself with quality ingredients, you can avoid strange preservatives.
How do you eat pimento cheese spread?
5 More delicious ways to use Pimento Cheese:
- Spread pimento cheese on crackers. Always a classic—and classy—move: take out your favorite crackers.
- Fold pimento cheese into a sandwich.
- Top your sliders with pimento cheese.
- Toss pimento cheese in your salad.
- Tuck pimento cheese into chicken calzones.
How long does pimento cheese last in refrigerator?
about 10 days
How long can you keep homemade Pimento cheese in the fridge? This homemade Pimento cheese will last in the refrigerator for about 10 days. Be sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh. After making this I popped the lid on, kept it in the fridge, and ate it all week.
Can I freeze pimento cheese?
After the expiration date, the product should be discarded. If you are unable to consume the pimento cheese prior to that date you can freeze it, but only for use in a future recipe after thawed. The oil found in mayo and cheese will separate when you freeze it.
Can you heat up store bought pimento cheese?
Pimento cheese can be made up to a day ahead and stored in the fridge. Since it is a mayonnaise based dish, it can’t sit out in heat or else it will spoil. Pimento Cheese can either be left chunky or blended smooth into a paste or even heated to create a hot dip.
How long is pimento cheese good in the refrigerator?
How do you eat Palmetto Cheese?
More Ways to Eat Pimento Cheese
- Pimento Cheese at Breakfast. Cheese and peppers are pretty common ingredients in omelettes, but try swapping them out for a scoop of pimento cheese to start your day on cheesy note.
- Pimento Cheese on Sandwiches.
- Grilled Pimento Cheese.
- Pimento Cheese Pizza.
- Pimento Cheese Burgers.
- Deviled Eggs.
Can you heat pimento cheese?
Can you freeze pimento cheese?