What can I do with old apple slices?
Ways to Use Old, Mushy, or Bruised Apples
- Apple Cinnamon Toaster Strudels.
- How to Make the Best, Easiest Apple Crisp.
- Apple Pie Granola Bars.
- Baked Apples Stuffed with Oatmeal & Brown Sugar.
- How To Make Applesauce in the Slow Cooker.
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter.
- Glazed Apple Fritters.
What can I put on apple slices?
9 Things to Pair with an Apple
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Apple slice with cheddar cheese.
- Almond Butter + Orange Marmalade.
- Plain Yogurt + Honey + Cinnamon.
- Cream Cheese + Sweet Pickle Relish.
- Ricotta + Lemon Zest + Chopped Pistachios.
- Balsamic Vinegar + Brown Sugar + Ground Pepper.
- Berry Vinaigrette + Walnuts.
- Arugula + Bacon.
What can I do with many apples?
Top tips for an abundance of apples
- Dry them. Dried Apples, along with other dried fruit, is a snacking favourite.
- Puree them. Apple puree can be used in a variety of ways – apple crumbles, apple pies or just as it is.
- Pickle them.
- Juice them.
- Bake them.
How do you make sliced apple pie?
How To Make Apple Pie Slice Recipe
- Add apples, sugar, and flour to a large mixing bowl, combine.
- Add butter and egg, stir until well combined.
- Press into lined slice tray.
- sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake 180 degrees for 35 – 40 mins.
Can you freeze sliced apples?
Peel and core the apples then cut into slices, around half a centimetre thick. Put the slices in a large bowl and spritz over the lemon juice. Toss the slices together to make sure they’re all lightly coated in lemon juice. Open freeze the slices until solid, then transfer to a food bag.
How do you use frozen apple slices?
Frozen whole and sliced apples can be used to make apple butter, applesauce, jam, jelly, pies, cakes, cobblers, baked apples, and other baked or cooked dishes. To use a frozen apple pie filling, simply drop the frozen filling into a pie crust, cover with dough (remember to ventilate the top crust), and bake.
How do you make apple slices last longer?
Salt water: Use 1/4 teaspoon salt to two cups of water. Soak apple slices in the salt water for a few minutes, then rinse before serving or storing. This brine keeps browning at bay for up to a week. Lemon juice: Tossing cut apples in lemon juice will keep them from browning.
Can you freeze apple slices?
Peel, core, and slice. If you’ve got apples to freeze, but no plan for their use, this is the way to go. To prevent clumping, arrange slices on a plate or baking tray lined with parchment paper and pre-freeze them for a couple of hours before bagging in an airtight container or ziploc bags.
How long can apples last in the fridge?
How long apples retain their freshness is significantly affected by the temperature, form, and location in which they are stored. The best way to keep apples fresh and ready to eat is to store them unwashed, in whole form, and individually wrapped in the refrigerator. This can keep them fresh for up to 6–8 weeks.
How do McDonald’s apple slices stay fresh?
Sliced apples will undergo browning within a few minutes of being cut. Packaged apples found at McDonalds or in your local produce section are usually treated with a solution of calcium ascorbate (a blend of calcium and vitamin C) or citric acid (found in citrus fruit) to maintain freshness and color.
How long do apples last in the fridge?
How can you keep sliced apples from turning brown?
Here’s the short version: The best way to prevent browning is to soak the cut fruit in a saltwater solution (half a teaspoon of kosher salt per cup of water) for 10 minutes, then drain and store until ready to use. The mild salt flavor can be rinsed off with tap water before serving.
How to make apple slices?
A good selection of foraged foliage – fir/pine,evergreen stems and ivy
How do you bake sliced apples?
500 grams of peeled and cored apples
How to cook apple slices in the microwave?
Before microwaving your apples,wash them under running water to get rid of pesticides and other contaminant residues left on the skin.
How to bake apples in the oven recipes?
– Cook Justine Schofield has shared her secret recipe for the perfect glazed ham – She uses Chinese 5 spice, marmalade, sugar, apple cider vinegar and mustard – She buys an eight to ten kilo leg and says the recipe is her ‘festive centrepiece’