What are the duties of citizens?
- Support and defend the Constitution.
- Stay informed of the issues affecting your community.
- Participate in the democratic process.
- Respect and obey federal, state, and local laws.
- Respect the rights, beliefs, and opinions of others.
- Participate in your local community.
What are 6 duties of a citizen?
General Obligations of Citizens
- Civic Responsibilities. Paying of taxes. Obeying the laws of the state. Participating in the political process. Protection of public property. Defense of the state and crime prevention.
- Consequences Of Not Performing Civic Duties.
What are the 5 main duties of a citizen?
What Are The 5 Duties Of Citizens?
- Obeying the law. Every U.S. citizen must obey federal, state and local laws, and pay the penalties that can be incurred when a law is broken.
- Paying taxes. …
- Serving on a jury when summoned. …
- Registering with the Selective Service.
What are the kinds of duties?
The following are common types of duty.
- Moral Duty. An obligation that is created by principles of right and wrong.
- Legal Duty. A duty created by the laws and regulations of a society.
- Contractual Duty. A duty created by agreement between parties.
- Professional Duty.
- Fiduciary Duty.
- Due Diligence.
What are the right and duties of a citizen?
WEEK 5:RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF CITIZENS
|S/NO||RIGHT OF CITIZENS|
|1||His life and property are protected by the law|
|2||It is a citizen’s right to enjoy social services|
|3||It is a citizen’s right to freely own property|
|4||It is the right of a citizen to enjoy security and peace in the state.|
What are the examples of duties?
Examples of legal duties include:
- Duty of care.
- Duty of candour.
- Duty to defend and duty to settle, in insurance.
- Duty to rescue.
- Duty to retreat.
- Duty to report a felony.
- Duty to vote (in countries with mandatory voting)
- Duty to warn.
What is your duty?
Your duties are tasks which you have to do because they are part of your job. If you say that something is your duty, you believe that you ought to do it because it is your responsibility. I consider it my duty to write to you and thank you.
What are the four types of duties?
Types of custom duties
- Basic Customs Duty (BCD)
- Countervailing Duty (CVD)
- Additional Customs Duty or Special CVD.
- Protective Duty,
- Anti-dumping Duty.
- Education Cess on Custom Duty.
What are positive duties?
Positive duties are viewed as duties which require us to perform an action which produces a certain good-a good which someone else still might bring about, even if we do not.
What are some examples of duties?
A duty (also called an obligation) is something that a citizen is required to do, by law. Examples of duties/obligations are: obeying laws, paying taxes, defending the nation and serving on juries. Rule of Law: Everyone is under the law. To obey the law, you must know the law.