What are some clue words for cause and effect?
Cause-and-Effect Linking Words
- Conjunctions. The most important conjunctions are because, as, since, and so. “ Because”, “as”, and “since” introduce a cause; “so” introduces an effect.
- Transitions. The most important transitions are therefore, consequently, and as a result.
- Prepositions. The most important prepositions are due to and because of.
What are the five Clue words for addition?
For addition, Caulleen used the words total, sum, altogether, and increase. But we could also have used the words combine, plus, more than, or even just the word “and”. For subtraction, Caulleen used the words, fewer than, decrease, take away, and subtract.
What are the clue words for division?
Word problems will often use “cut/split into,” “average,” or “per” to denote division.
What are clue words for problem and solution?
What are the signal words for problem and solution?
- problem. answer. so that. solution.
- Problem. Problem. Problem. Solution.
- position words (e.g., beside, near, in front of, above, along) such as. most important, notable. specifically.
- both. similarity. either-or. also.
- first/second/third. directions. as soon as.
- because. leads to. on account of.
- Event. Cause. Cause.
What is the word clue?
1 : something that guides through an intricate procedure or maze of difficulties specifically : a piece of evidence that leads one toward the solution of a problem. 2 : idea, notion had no clue what he meant. clue. verb. clued; clueing or cluing.
What is a word for single?
Synonyms: azygos, azygous. occurring singly; not one of a pair. one-man, one-person, one-woman. designed for or restricted to a single person. lone, lonesome, only, sole, solitary.
How do you use the word clue in a sentence?
Clue sentence example
- You have no clue , girl.
- Howie doesn’t have a clue so I thought I’d help him out.
- Nothing in his eyes gave a clue what was on his mind.
- She didn’t have a clue what to think.
- “I don’t have a clue ,” Carmen replied.
How do you express purpose in English?
How to express purpose
- AFFIRMATIVE to + infinitive.
- – He started drinking to forget. – I need a chair to sit down. NEGATIVE so as not to + infinitive.
- – I’ll take a taxi so as not to be late. – Take your shoes off so as not to wake them up. DIFFERENT SUBJECTS so that + subject + can.
- GENERAL PURPOSE (DEFINITIONS) for + -ing.
What is a reason in English?
English Language Learners Definition of reason (Entry 1 of 2) : a statement or fact that explains why something is the way it is, why someone does, thinks, or says something, or why someone behaves a certain way. : a fact, condition, or situation that makes it proper or appropriate to do something, feel something, etc.
Which is a signal word for simple present?
Simple Present signal words: always, every, never, normally, now and then, occasionally, often, rarely, seldom, sometimes, usually. I always eat chocolate. We visit our uncle eyery month. He always takes his dog for a walk.
How do you express cause?
We often use some words and expressions such as because, since, due to, as, thanks to, therefore, so to talk about cause and effect. Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. I help you because I like you. I study hard because I want to pass the exam.