Loads of various home assignments happen to annoy students and take much time instead of passing it with family or friends or doing whatever you like. It also can be hard to do homework effectively when you`ve got big amounts of it. But don`t get rattled! There are some useful key points which will help you to get done with your homework in short terms and turn to more amusing activities. Here they are:
- Your workspace should be comfortable, provide good light and fresh air. Sit at a table on a comfortable chair. Ergonomic furniture is preferable, as weariness is often provoked by an incorrect posture. It`s obvious enough that you shouldn`t work sitting on the floor, on the sofa or bed. Working in such places induces sleepiness and stargazing. A well-lit room won`t make your eyes overstrained while reading and fresh air is absolutely important for the effective work of your brain.
- Keep away from diversions, seclude and get rid of gadgets. Turn off your telephone, computer (if it`s not needed for your work), TV or radio. Tell your relatives and friends not to bother you while you`re performing the task. Many people listen to music that helps to concentrate while working. This could be classical, relaxing or special concentration soundtracks.
Set the timer. And again it can be a certain application. According to time management research, you should have a break every 25 minutes for 5-10 minutes, thus you`ll perform more effectively, without overwork. You can also use a timer to check how much time you spend on a certain task. This can help you to control the time flow. Of course, if you’re totally out of time and have no idea how to accomplish the task you can always turn to a “do my homework” services, but that`s another story.
Organization and planning
- Arrange your school utensils in order not to waste time looking for papers, books, writing accessories. Keep everything in its place. Clear your desk, drawers and rucksacks every week to stay organized. While performing the task upon one subject keep only the necessary materials on the table and nothing more.
- Make a plan for the week of your homework accomplishment. Prioritize the tasks according to the fulfilment time and their complicity. Firstly, make the list of all assignments and don`t hush to do the first task that caught your eye. Determine which tasks are to be done in short terms and which of them can wait. Complex tasks like big essays, research works and projects should be done in small parts beforehand. Do the tasks on your favourite subjects first, this will help you to keep motivation and enthusiasm to do the rest.
- Start doing your home assignment right after your classes. The fresh knowledge you`ve got will help to accomplish the task faster than on another day or even in a week. Moreover, if you leave your tasks until evening you are risking doing it until late at night. Of course, you can also do it early in the morning but it`s not recommended as you can easily oversleep or fail to do your homework because of lack of time.
- Have 5–minute breaks, because your brain needs to switch to another activity to have a rest. That`s how it works! You won`t do the task faster if you are doing it for hours without a rest. Just walk around and warm up – you won`t feel exhausted after the task is finished.
- Take a snack and drink much water. While working, eat some light, healthy and tasty food like celery or apple slices with peanut butter. Drink much fresh water to activate your body and brains. Be aware of carbonated and energetic drinks, sweet and junk food, if you don`t want to lose energy on the halfway.
- As a reward do something exciting and amusing for you. Visit a friend or just play your favourite computer game. When you remember that fun activity is waiting for you after your homework is done – it stimulates you to concentrate upon the task and work more effectively.