How do you prepare for an internal sales interview?
5 Tips for Crushing Your Inside Sales Interview
- Tailor your resume. Salespeople like numbers.
- Do your research.
- Be ready for any and all questions.
- Come prepared with good questions of your own.
- Don’t end correspondence after the interview.
Why should we hire you for inside sales?
Why are you interested in sales? Potential Answer: “I’m interested in sales because I have great interpersonal skills and I’m passionate about providing excellent customer service. I have experience working with people in previous positions, and your company is appealing since you seem to value putting clients first.”
What questions are asked in an internal interview?
General internal interview questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What is your preferred working style?
- Why are you a strong applicant for this position?
- What do you hope to be doing in five years?
- What is your dream job?
- What are your biggest strengths you can apply to this position?
- Why are you interested in this position?
What kind of questions are asked in a sales interview?
Typical Questions Asked in a Sales Interview
- Are you comfortable making cold calls?
- Have you consistently met your sales goals?
- What motivates you?
- How did you land your most successful sale?
- How would your colleagues describe you?
- Sell me this pen.
- What are your long-term career goals?
What do you see yourself in 5 years?
Tips for Answering ‘Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years? ‘
- Show how your professional goals and the job you’re applying for align.
- Focus on the skills you want to learn and get better at.
- Don’t get too specific with job titles or time frames.
- Never say “I want your job,” “I don’t know” or “Not here!”