How do I delete a Windows service?
How do I delete a Service?
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services key.
- Select the key of the service you want to delete.
- From the Edit menu select Delete.
- You will be prompted “Are you sure you want to delete this Key” click Yes.
- Exit the registry editor.
How can I delete a service file?
Run Regedit or Regedt32. Go to the registry entry “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services” Look for the service that you want delete and delete it. You can look at the keys to know what files the service was using and delete them as well (if necessary).
How do I remove a Windows service marked for deletion?
The Specified Service Has Been Marked for Deletion
- Reboot. Often, a simple reboot can clear up a lingering problem.
- Close Programs That Can Cause Conflicts. Numerous applications, both third-party and windows tools being open can cause this problem.
- Close and Open Services.
- Use Taskill.
- Registry Problems.
How do I disable Windows service disabled?
First use Run and enter regedit then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services . After that locate the service name in the left pane, right click it and delete. You will see result after rebooting your system.
How do I remove a Windows service dependency?
Solution: Stop the services and edit the registry
- Stop the services that you will be dealing with.
- To remove dependencies, changes to the registry are required.
- Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services, find the dependent service for which you would like to remove the dependency.
How do you check if a service is marked for deletion?
(In most cases, it’s simply the Services applet — services. msc — left open by accident in the background.) For detection, I suggest you read up on CreateService and other Service API. For example, you’ll receive ERROR_SERVICE_MARKED_FOR_DELETE upon calling CreateService if the service is marked for deletion.
How do I force a Windows service to delete?
Just go to the “Services” tab and delete your service.
How do you delete a Windows service which is marked for deletion?
Step 1 Try killing the process from windows task manager or using taskkill /F /PID . You can find pid of the process by command ‘sc queryex ‘. Try next step if you still can’t uninstall. Run Autoruns for Windows Search for service by name and delete results.
What is a service dependency?
Service dependencies are an advanced feature that allow you to control the behavior of services based on the status of one or more other services. More specifically, you can repress the execution of service checks and notifications for services if various criteria that you specify are met.
How do I change a Windows service dependency?
Open the Service Control Manager by typing in the command window “services. msc”. Browse for the service you have modified, right click and select “Properties“. Select the “Dependency” tab.
Can not uninstall Windows service?
Close cmd and services window if opened, then start cmd again by right clicking and selecting run as administrator. If sc delete serviceName does not work or anything does not work. Unfortunately, you need to restart the server. That should remove the “deleted” service.
How do I remove disabled service?