How can I make my online classes more interactive for kindergarten?
5 ways to make online learning more interactive
- Ask for feedback. Any chance the learners have to leave feedback is a great opportunity for interaction.
- Let people choose the way.
- Make it social.
- Invite learners to contribute.
- Encourage peer evaluation.
How do you make virtual kindergarten fun?
- Do scavenger hunts where students find items in their house and to bring back to the computer and share. These can be things like their favorite stuffed animal, a food, etc.
- Read alouds.
- Play Pictionary.
- Play Charades.
- Directed drawings.
- Brain breaks.
Is RoomRecess com free?
RoomRecess.com was developed entirely by an elementary school teacher with the goal of reinforcing fundamental learning concepts in math, reading, spelling, language arts, typing, and problem solving. Because our learning games are free, students do not have to sign up or hold an account with us.
How do you assess kindergarten virtually?
How to Use the Virtual Assessments
- Set up your Google Meets / Zoom Meetings with each student.
- Have your PDF set to the page of the virtual assessment you wish to use.
- Present or Share Your Screen.
- Tell your student, “Read me the words in the pink line.” Then move on to the following color.
What should I do on the first day of virtual kindergarten?
Play a Get to Know You Game Playing games is a fun and interactive way to spend the first day of virtual kindergarten or 1st grade. Since this school year will be just like any other school year, you’ll want to play some get to know you games to help build classroom community.
How do I create an online interactive lesson?
Five Ways to Make Your Online Classrooms More Interactive
- Integrate real-time interaction.
- Get creative with discussion boards.
- Maximize engagement with non-task interaction.
- Use multiple communication tools.
- Have a plan around the tool.
How do you teach kids virtually?
10 Tips to Make Virtual Learning Engaging
- Let children guide the way. Just as you would in a regular classroom, in a virtual environment, it is important that we let children lead the way.
- Ask for help.
- Break it down into shorter sessions.
- Think about developmental milestones.
What are online kindergarten lesson plans?
Online kindergarten lesson plans are a good resource for teachers and homeschooling parents who are looking to introduce the right amount of fun and learning in their lessons. Use our printable kindergarten worksheets and activities as part of your kindergarten classes and watch the little ones enjoy learning!
Where can I find free games for ELA?
Freckle.com is a differentiation platform with built-in activities for ELA, math, social studies and science. Now let’s look at some specific games that are free to use. Some of these specific games come from the websites above, but there are extra ones too. I hope having them listed out by skill is helpful when you’re making your lesson plans.
Where can I find language arts games for kindergarten?
Coolkindergarten.com has both language arts and math games for kindergarten plus a small selection of read-alouds and math videos. All items match kindergarten standards. Starfall.com is a classic beginning learner website.