How do you comment on a quote?
From Reading to Writing: Quotation-Comment-Question (Q-C-Q)
- Jot down (or cut and paste) the exact quotation on the left side of the Q-C-Q Worksheet labeled Quotation.
- Take a moment to comment on why it seems important to you and write a phrase or sentence or two in the middle Comment area.
What is the longest word in the world that takes 3 hours to say?
METHIONYLTHREONYLTHREONYGLUTAMINYLARGINYL … All told, the full chemical name for the human protein titin is 189,819 letters, and takes about three-and-a-half hours to pronounce. The problem with including chemical names is that there’s essentially no limit to how long they can be.
What is the longest sentence possible?
One of Molly Bloom’s soliloquies in James Joyce’s epic novel ‘Ulysses’ features a sentence of 4,491 words. The Guinness Book of Records lists the longest proper sentence as one from William Faulkner’s novel ‘Absalom, Absalom!’ (1,287 words).
How do you explain after a quote?
Provide commentary after a quote to explain how it supports your ideas. A quote doesn’t support your ideas unless you analyze it and link it back to your thesis. After the quote, write 1-3 sentences explaining what the quote means, why it supports your topic sentence, and how it supports your argument overall.
Is no a full sentence?
If you go along with saying “yes” to things you don’t really want to do, you are going to need to learn to put the word “no” in your vocabulary. Not only that, but you need to remember that “No” is a complete sentence.
How do you write a good comment introduction?
How to Write a Good Introduction
- Keep your first sentence short.
- Don’t repeat the title.
- Keep the introduction brief.
- Use the word “you” at least once.
- Dedicate 1-2 sentences to articulating what the article covers.
- Dedicate 1-2 sentences to explaining why the article is important.
How do you write a perfect comment?
Top ten tips for writing a great comment
- Read the article. It sounds obvious, but you’d be surprised how many comments can be answered with the words “it says in the article”.
- Respond to the article. …
- Read the other comments.
- Make it clear who you’re replying to.
- Use the return key.
- Avoid sarcasm.
- Avoid unnecessary acronyms.
- Use facts.
Is hi a full sentence?
Yes it is a full sentence. “Hello” is an interjection (like an exclamation, but it might or might not have an exclamation point.) Other examples of this form are “Good morning.” “Good night”. “Thanks.” “Yes.” “No.” “Hey!” “Damn!” “Ouch!” “Voila!”
How do you describe something in a quote?
When writers insert or alter words in a direct quotation, square brackets—[ ]—are placed around the change. The brackets, always used in pairs, enclose words intended to clarify meaning, provide a brief explanation, or to help integrate the quote into the writer’s sentence.