Are APA citations double spaced?
In general, the list of references is double-spaced and listed alphabetically by first author’s last name. For each reference, the first line is typed flush with the left margin, and any additional lines are indented as a group a few spaces to the right of the left margin (this is called a hanging indent).
How do I cite the Wall Street Journal in APA?
Citation Example: WSJ Article from Library Database Last Name, F. M. (Date). Title of article. Title of Publication.
How do I cite a journal in APA?
A basic reference list entry for a journal article in APA must include:
- Author or authors.
- Year of publication of the article (in round brackets).
- Article title.
- Journal title (in italics).
- Volume of journal (in italics).
- Issue number of journal in round brackets (no italics).
- Page range of article.
- DOI or URL.
How do you in-text cite APA 7th?
Direct quotations When you include a quote in your writing (a sentence or words reproduced from a text, such as a book or article) your in-text citation should include the author and date of the source, as well as a page number or other indication of the specific part of the work that the quote is from.
How do you alphabetize a works cited page in APA?
In APA Style, alphabetization is easy as long as you remember these simple rules:
- Alphabetize letter by letter.
- Ignore spaces, capitalization, hyphens, apostrophes, periods, and accent marks.
- When alphabetizing titles or group names as authors, go by the first significant word (disregard a, an, the, etc.)
How do you in-text cite 3 authors in APA 7th edition?
In-text citations for works with three (3) or more authors can be shortened to the name of the first author and ‘et al. ‘ (and page/para. number as usual). When abbreviating in-text citations with the use of et al., take care to avoid ambiguity.
How do you cite a journal article in APA 7th edition?
- Title of the article.
- Title of the Journal, Note: Italicize and capitalize each word in the journal.
- Volume Note: Italicize the journal volume.
- (Issue), Note: If there is a issue number in addition to a volume number, include it in parentheses.
- Page range.